Learn how to sample, sequence and produce your own beats and songs in Akai’s standalone touchscreen MPCs; the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II & MPC One!
The ‘MPC Bible’ from MPC-Tutor is the complete guide to using the latest MPC firmware 2.8.1, packed with practical, ‘hands-on’ beat making projects that teach you everything from core beginner’s concepts all the way up to advanced power-user techniques!
- Build your own multitrack sequences using classic MPC swing, note repeat, 16 levels, the arpeggiator and audio tracks
- Learn how to layer drums and create your own unique sounds with the built in effects, filters and LFOs
- Create melodic leads and rhythms using ‘standalone’ plugins, hardware synths, iPads or even from your own multisampled keygroup instruments
- Construct your own dynamic drum kits using velocity switching and round robins (‘cycle kits’)
- Create your own unique beats with the MPC’s classic chopping functions
- Mix down entire songs with vocals, scratching and effects automation
- Utilise warping, sequenced chops and patched phrase loops
- Build your own ‘standalone’ versions of your favourite VST plugins
- Make your own advanced MPC ‘synth’ using single cycle waveforms
Plus many, many more pro tips, tricks, shortcuts – check out the full list of tutorials here.
Each tutorial in the course is carefully written in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step style and includes hi-res screenshots, all recommended parameter settings and all the files and samples you need to recreate each and every project in your MPC. The focus is on learning how to control the MPC using the touchscreen, Q-links, dials, buttons and pads, be it 100% in ‘standalone’ mode or connected to your computer in ‘controller mode’.
The MPC Bible is currently on its eleventh revision and has been regularly updated to ensure compatibility with the latest MPC 2 firmware releases from Akai, making it the most comprehensive and up-to-date MPC tutorial guide ever made!